WHAT WE DO?
The scope of the NFTN is guided by the requirements of, and relevant to, the local cast metals industry. The key areas identified for support include:
- Competitive Improvement: such as reduction of scrap, energy efficiency, improved man-hours per ton, quality improvement and increased productivity initiatives.
- Human Capital Development: such as skills training to employees, in-house training, artisan training and placement of interns.
- Cleaner Production: assistance with environmental requirements in terms of foundry spent sand and air emissions, assistance on improving housekeeping and energy efficiency support.
- Expansion of Foundry Industry: this is to assist the foundry industry to attract inward investment and yield a reasonable return on investments as well as responding to identified local and international markets.
- Science, Technology Transfer and Innovation: assisting foundries to upgrade and modernise through relevant science, technology and innovation.
- Cooperation for Industry Competitiveness: facilitating cooperation between public and private stakeholders to address system level issues in order to improve the overall performance of the foundry industry.
- Growth in core manufacturing
- Economies of manufacturing scale
- Cost competitive products
- Engineering design and innovation
- High volumes of locally cast products
- Culture of continuous improvement
- Upliftment of skills
- Job retention and job creation
- New enterprises
- Export opportunities exploited